Sunday, September 9, 2012

A Sense of Place


This post comes to you from Columbus County, North Carolina, land of Rhoda Bell in Fireflies, the winter's haven of the travel-weary family in Precious Jewels, and the lost home of a bullied child in Church School Blues.  It is official.  I have come home.  As I listened to the voice of my younger self narrate to me how she would never ever give up her Green Swamp no matter what, I was finally able to call to her across time, "I finally made it home."

Church School Blues will be released in a few weeks, perhaps less.  We are still in the process of all the activities related to moving, which is one of my excuses for the long break in posting.  The other excuse is that once I convinced my younger self to tell what happened in church school, she couldn't shut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment