Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Zoe, The Wild Child in CHURCH SCHOOL BLUES



Zoe wasn't a natural born Dodo.  She had to teach herself how to be mean so that she could join them.  I will say that she was a quick study, for next to Monique, she was the worst enemy I ever had.

But Zoe had a heart which is something a mean kid would do well to be without, because hearts get in the way of things, if not sooner, then eventually.  That is what happened with Zoe, although her heart took over too late to benefit me.

I have sometimes wondered what became of Zoe after 8th grade graduation.  I wonder if she remembers me.  Wonder if she'd be surprised to know that I remember her and how well I understood the choices she made and why she made them.  She was the only one who asked me to forgive her.  That alone is reason to remember Zoe and to hope that life has treated her kindly.


No comments:

Post a Comment